Thursday 3 February 2011

Love Happens

Since it's almost Valentine's Day I thought it was about time I reviewed the movie Love Happens, which I rented about a month ago. I didn't really know much about it when I rented it, I just knew it had Jennifer Aniston and Aaron Eckhart in from the billboards, and they seemed like an unlikely combination for a romance movie so I was intrigued.

It is a bit of an odd movie. Aaron Eckhart plays a self help guru called Burke Ryan who holds seminars to help people get over the death of a loved one after his own wife died and he wrote a book to help himself get over it.  However, he's ashamed and unhappy because he isn't really over it, and this is only magnified when a TV network wants to sign him up to host a talk show and go national.

Jennifer Aniston's character is an eccentric yet gloomy florist who gets kicks out of vandalising public places with obscure words such as "quidnunc" and "poppysmic".  Predictably she helps Burke move on and he makes her happier as they fall in love.

Rating 5 out of 10 - Passed the time nicely but could have done with more humour to lift the mood at times.  Not really that memorable or worth watching again either.

No comments:

Post a Comment